Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Power Of Suggestion


I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am an advertiser's dream. I am distracted by billboards when driving. I watch commercials I could fast forward right through. I really want to buy things I see in magazine ads. I know this about myself, and I still let myself get swept away by their powers of suggestion.

Today's Advertisement Assault: Denim.

Now, I am not much of a denim wearer. I own one pair of black jeans, a pair of cut off shorts, and a few chambray pieces. That was all changed today. You see, it started like this....


I woke up this morning, and watched the latest episode of Australia's Next Top Model on Youtube. You're clearly not judging me here, because this is normal adult behavior.... right? Anyway, they did the above photo shoot featuring all double denim looks.

Then I was off to do some 1/2 price day thrift store shopping, and this happened...


This month's Nylon magazine (The Denim Issue, of course) was sitting in my backseat, forgotten and still unread. I had plenty of time to peruse it while waiting for the first store to open, and throughout the day as I was stuck in many long lines. I thought nothing of this until I made it home, and began to unpack my findings. 




It wasn't on purpose. I swear. I only hope that you ladies are in the mood for denim as well, because it looks like the store is going to be packed with it next week.

XO Robyn




Pin It!