Friday, August 6, 2010

The Love Boat

Five Things I Love Friday; These are my current obsessions.



1. Book Smell









Images all via Weheartit.

It is no secret that I want a Kindle. The only thing keeping me from buying one (aside from being broke of course) is book smell. Who doesn't love the smell of REAL books? Is there a way for the next model of Kindle to have a scratch and sniff feature? Someone should look into that.


2. Saddle Shoes

Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here

Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here

It's almost back to school time! Now, I graduated university *cough* years ago, but I still get excited for this time of year. New clothes, new school supplies, and a fresh start in the middle of the year. This back to school season I would like a fresh box of number 2 pencils, a trapper keeper, and a pair of saddle shoes. How perfect will these be paired with tights and socks this fall?


3. Watermelon








All images via Weheartit

I'm going to level with you. I don't actually like watermelon. I have tried over and over again to love it. It just doesn't happen. I am lured in by how delicious it looks. Those pretty colors really are enticing. Maybe this year will be the year. I did finally fall for tomatoes, so I guess anything can happen. 


4. Hammocks








All images via Weheartit

My friend Sean fell asleep in a hammock (which he just happened to have with him) after a night of drinking last weekend. He just set it up in the front yard, and passed out. While, I would not like to crawl into one drunk at 3 am, having one for daytime lounging sounds like fun. A hammock is now on my "to buy" list. 


5. Kimono Sleeves

Here                                                              Here

Here                                                              Here

Here                                                              Here

Here                                                              Here

Here                                                              Here


Here                                                              Here

My pre-fall wardrobe picks are a little all over the map right now. I have no intention of pairing Kimono sleeve dresses and jackets with saddle shoes. I just happen to need both. Kimono sleeves are perfect for me because, as much as I enjoy layering it is still insanely hot here. If I am going to wear a sleeve, it had better have ventilation. 


*BONUS: I did another small Five Things I Love Friday guest post over on Lola Dee's blog Things I Fell In Love With Today. Seems like a perfect fit, right? Head over there for another dose of my obsessions.

Have a Great Weekend.

XO Robyn

Pin It!